Thursday 11 July 2013

Mac: Ruby Woo vs Candy YumYum

So this is a review on a purchase I recently made. A few weeks ago I brought Mac Cosmetics' famous Ruby Woo lipstick. The lipstick is a rich, bold, matte, retro red with blue undertones that make the teeth appear whiter. It's a beautiful red that would suit any skin tone, even celebrities like Rihanna love it!
Being that the advantage, the really thing that I think lets this lipstick down is that it is So dry! Ruby Woo you would think being a top seller would have a lovely consistency, but no, it is really dry on the lips. Even when wanting to swatch the lipstick on the back on my hand was a challenge. And before you say it, that you should try and wear a lip balm underneath it, I have, but even with that underneath, it just sucked the moisture out of my lips resulting in them to chap! I was very disappointed with this lipstick. I'm not saying that I'm never going to wear it ever again, I'd just say that it's not what people who haven't tried it think of it as.


My next purchase was Mac Cosmetics' Candy Yum Yum lipstick. It is a beautiful, matte, vibrant pink lipstick. The thing that drew me to this colour was how bright it was, because I would definitely wear a colour like this on a summers day where my clothes are not competing, or just to brighten my mood. Again I would say that this lipstick would suit any skin tone.
In comparison to Ruby Woo, my experience of Candy YumYum is that it is not drying, but moisturising, and also you can built upon the intensity of the lipstick. So if you want a thin layer of the color, just add the product on the lips with a brush. If you want the colour to pop on your lips then maybe apply directly to the lips, applying a few coats. 
The only disadvantage I would have for Candy YumYum is that when it is taken off, it leaves a stain on the lips, you could say that that is a plus-point; having longevity, but when it needs to be removed it is difficult to get rid of the stain. 

**DISCLAIMER: Both products were purchased by me. 
The picture of Candy YumYum is not mine, I found it on the internet. 
This is my experience which may be different to yours, I am just informing you how I view the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment